Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More Poetry



This is what happens when I go to math class in the evening with a lack of sleep.


Math Class

Numbers and letters swirl,
Across the board they spread. 
Teacher speaks words I cannot comprehend.
My head dips, my paper moves.

I can't think, 
A great fog covers my head.
And my mortal form demands sustenance.
My mouth opens wide in a yawn.

A spaceship, a sword and a coffee
Pop in amidst the numbers.
Click my phone, find the time,
Another 45 minutes to go.

I wish I had my calculator,
I love my teacher's markers.
Only four minutes have gone by, 
Which rhymes with five.

Peas and pods and variables
None have anything to do with me.
I have the TARDIS on my phone!
It's 5:08, time is running slow.

Late to bed, early to rise, 
Definitely does not not make a man wise.
Papers, words and grammar all in one night.
Sleep? It's overrated.

So. More poetry. I was thinking I might dedicate one day to poetry and write a poem once a week. Because, surprisingly, I'm finding myself enjoying this. Good idea? Bad idea? Let me know what you think!

Until I've had sleep, 
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment