Friday, November 16, 2012

My Brain Spazed


This is something I started awhile ago. I feel guilty about not posting, even though it is for NaNoWriMo, and thought I'd post this. Basically my brain had an explosion of sorts and this is what resulted. This will probably be the last post until November ends. I know it's not much, but hopefully it's better than nothing.

Thoughts, unclear images swirl in the fog, laughing, daring me to capture them and bind them with words. Still, determined, I grasp at the letters that form little things of large power. I try to in them grasp the mysterious things that live there in the mist taunting me. Again and again I try but nothing works. And still the laugh. "You thought to bind us" they scream, "You never will accomplish what you seek" Angry I throw every word at them I know. Still they evade me, cackling wildly in the fog I cannot quite penetrate. At last I give in. Push away the paper and pen, nothing will work. Then the voice whispers. As it always does. "You've no power at all. That's why the words do not respond to you. That's why the furtive mist-livers taunt you. They know you are powerless, never to reach them." I stay still, despairing of ever binding thoughts to words; of ever successfully using that singular brand of magic so few ever master. And still, still they run wild in my head, flying with increased fury, knowing I am down, they fly as though on the wings of a great maelstrom, thinking to torment me in my anguish. At last I rise up, tired of listening to their screams and taunts, and again I throw words at the unclear ideas; the mist-livers. And again they laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment