Saturday, February 25, 2012

Biblical Counseling Conerence

This weekend I had the privelage to attend the first weekend of the Biblical Counceling Confrence at our church, FCC. The short version: Best. Weekend. Of. My. Life. But you should know me better than to think that I would leave it at that! I learned so much over today and yesterday that I feel like I'm on overload, but it was soooo worth it! I was so incredibly blessed by the teaching, and I am so thankful that that the Lord gave me this oportunity. But now comes the hard part: Application. It's all fine and good to say I've learned so much, but the point of teaching, the point of life is to grow in Christ-likeness. I can't simply talk, I have to do. When God provides tools for us to grow, we are expected to use them. So, Lord willing, I will prove to be a doer of the Word, and not merely a hearer who deludes herself.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm so glad you got to go! Maybe next year I'll be able to help out....

    That's so true about the application! It's so easy to hear things, but a WHOLE different ball game to apply them to my walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys should come next year! Please, please, pleeeeease! :)

    ReplyDelete